In other languages: EL
On Monday, October 4, 2021, the Holy and Sacred Synod of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem was convened, chaired by H.H.B. our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos III.
His Beatitude discussed with the members of the Synod a number of issues related to ecclesiastical and pastoral administrative affairs that fall into the service of the Patriarchate, its monasteries, churches, clergy and the people.
Among the most important decisions taken during the assembly were:
- His Eminence Metropolitan Benedict – in addition to his position as head of the Patriarchal Monastery of Theophany in the Jordan River (Al-Maghtas), was appointed Patriarchal Representative in the city of Bethlehem.
- His Eminence Metropolitan Joachim was appointed in charge of the schools of the Patriarchate in Palestine and St. Dimitrios School in Jerusalem.
- Elder Kamarasis Archimandrite Nectarios was appointed as Vice-President of the Finance Committee, in addition to his duties as treasurer and member of the Synod.
- Archimandrite Ieronymos was appointed patriarchal representative in the city of Madaba, and this decision comes among a previous series of decisions adopted by His Beatitude which concern the periodic movements of the clergy.
- Archimandrite Christophoros Haddad was appointed as Hegoumen of Fuheis and As-Salt, this decision was made to enable pastoral and ecclesiastical work in these two Jordanian cities for the benefit of the parish.
- Monk Vasileios was appointed as secretary of the Audit Committee within the Finance Department of the Patriarchate.
- Decided the ordination of spiritual son Elias Spyridon to a deacon (and later a priest) in the city of Acre, Northern Israel.
- Approved the tonsure of the young Novice Elias Konidis.
- Approved the tonsure of the Novice Athanasios Kirmitsakis, and later to be a deacon and a priest in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Monk Anastasios of St. Savvas’ Monastery was decided to be ordained deacon and a priest to serve at Saint Savvas’ Monastery.
- Approved the ordination to deacon (and later a priest) of spiritual son Nibal Haddad, to serve in the Archdiocese of Jordan.
- The Synod approved the decisions to stop the service of certain patriarchal priests due to various reasons, and this was decided in order to prevent abuse and not tolerate any violations.
- The Synod approved a law on the principles and procedures of litigation before ecclesiastical courts, which will be applied in all ecclesiastical courts of the Holy Patriarchal See.
- The Synod approved the Law of Church Committees to be implemented in the Archdiocese of Jordan.
DONATE TO DOXOLOGIA INFONEWS
BANK: Eurobank Bulgaria AD (Postbank)
IBAN: BG46 BPBI 8898 4030 6876 01
or through PayPal